1. Who is the writer of “The Pace for Living” ?
(a) R. C. Hutchinson
(b) Mahadevi Verma
(c) Satyajit Roy
(d) Munshi Premchand
2. R. C. Hutchinson is ____ novelist.
3. In “the pace for living”, the writer saw a play in __ .
4. Who was the chief character in the play ?
(b) Corn Merchant
5. Where did the corn merchant live ?
(a) In a small Irish country town
(b) At the outskirts of Darbhanga
(c) In a large Irish city
(d) In a village in England
6. How much did his wife spend on a holiday ?
(a) $ 5
(b) $ 10
(c) £ 10
(d) £ 2.5
7. The corn-merchant _____ rapid movement in every field.
8. In the cinema the writer finds himself in a state of _____ .
9. The writer brings out, how the _____ movement of men, things and objects hurt the normal rhythm .
10. The writer says that he belongs to the tribe of _____ .
(a) slow thinkers
(b) rapid thinkers
11. According to the writer, the slow thinkers are cursed with
(a) l’ espirit de l’escaliert
(b) l’espirit de l’ bonafide
(c) paté de foie gras
(d) avoir de le repartie
12. The writer classifies himself as _____ thinker.
13. According to the writer, the intelligence test are designed to measure
(a) the depth of knowledge
(b) the pace of living
(c) speed of your mind
(d) analytical skills
14. According to the writer, the slow thinkers are terribly _____ in getting a living.
(d) none of the above
15. _____ seems to be a most satisfactory experience to the writer.
(a) to dine in London and lunch in Goa
(b) to dine in London and have lunch in New York
(c) to dine in London and breakfast in Delhi
(d) to dine in London and have breakfast in Siwan
16. The speed becomes unfriendly when _____ tends to follow the speed of machines.
(a) mental activities
(b) Physical activities
(c) all of the above
(d) none of the above
17. The speed becomes unfriendly when mental activities tend to follow the speed of the ____
18. According to the writer, the heart of the corn merchant was
19. In the story, the writer captures the agony of ____.
(a) early man
(b) ancient man
(c) medieval man
(d) modern man
20. In which country, is the city Dublin located ?
21. When in cinema, the writer finds himself in a
(a) spiritual situation
(b) hopeless fog
(c) ecstatic situation
(d) nostalgic situation
22. When he gets confused in a cinema, the writer turns to _____ for enlightenment.
(a) his mobile phone
(d) his wife
23. The three girls in the movie where
(a) a tall blonde, a short blonde, a brunette
(b) a tall brunette, a short brunette, a blonde
(c) an Indian, a Nepali, a Pakistani
(d) a Delhite, a Patnaite, a Nepali
24. In the story, the hero takes his _____ off when he comes indoors.
25. The hero falls in love with the girls in the order _____-
26. Those who don’t think fast in the high street won’t get another chance to _____ .
27. Which of these is a word used for, “a woman with coloured hair and usually blue eyes” ?
28. Which of these is a word used for, “a woman with brown or dark hair” ?
29. The writer_____ rapid in every field of life.
(c) doesn’t dislike
30. According to the writer, most of the people in _____ do think fast enough to keep comfortably with the rapid change in the scenes and action ?
31. Which of the following story has been written by R.C. Hutchinson ?
(a) The Empty Heart
(b) The Pace for living
(d) The Pace for Dying
32. Elderly Corn-Merchant is the character of which story ?
(d) The Pace for Living
33. The Pace for Living is
(a) a story
(b) an essay
(c) a poem
(d) a drama
34. Corn-merchant’s _____ was cheating on him.
35. Who did like fast travelling ?
(a) The Author
(b) The wife of Corn-merchant
(c) The Corn-merchant
(d) None of these
36. How many girls were in the film ?
37. The author admits that quick travel does not give the traveller the real ……………. of travel.
38. The author enjoys in a car at ………. miles an hour.
39. Corn Merchant’s _____ had the fantastic notion of spending $10 on a holiday ?
40. Corn Merchant was a man of _____ .
(a) many anxieties
(b) sound mind
(d) greedy nature
41. The essay, “The Pace For Living” captures the _____ of a modern man.
42. The main character in “Pace for Living”, which the author saw was a/an …………… corn merchant.
43. The author admits that quick travel does not give the traveller the real …………… of travel.
44. The author enjoys in a car at ……… miles an hour.
45. Which word in the passage stands for worship ?
46. The writer speaks with
(d) dull idea