1. Who has written, “The Empty Heart” ?
(a) Radhaswamy Thooran
(c) Periasamy Thooran
2. Which of the following poem has been written by “Periasamy Thooran” ?
(a) The sleeping Porter
(c) The Empty Heart
3. “The Empty Heart” is a ____
4. Periasamy Thooran was a distinguished _______ writer.
5. Periasamy Thooran first made his name as a writer of short ____ and ____
(a) stories, drama
(b) stories, poem
(c) novel, articles
(d) articles, poem
6. Periasamy is best remembered today as the editor of the famous ten volume _____ in tamil.
7. Which tree had the power to grant wishes in the poem, “The Empty Heart”.
8. The poem “The Empty Heart” tells us about the problems caused by _____
9. What is the original name of the poem “The Empty Heart” in Tamil ?
(a) Kurai Kudam
(b) Anna Malai
(c) Punya Natil
(d) Anna Kudam
10: The Poem “The Empty Heart” highlights a great human weakness: man’s _____ greed.
11. The greed ultimately ______ a man.
12. In the poem, “The Empty Heart”,The man was ____ but not content.
13. In the poem, “The Empty Heart”, The man rich, but not _____
14. What did the greedy man initially ask to Kalpaka ?
(a) a pot of gold
(b) 2-pots of gold
(c) 5-pots of gold
(d) 7-pots of gold
15. The prayer of the greedy man was granted ______
16. The man was given ______ silver pitchers full of gold.
17. What were the pitchers made up of ?
18. What was given to the man in the silver pitchers ?
(a) silver coins
(b) gold coins
(c) diamond coins
19. How many half fill pitchers did the tree grant him ?
20. The tree has been called unkind because the ______ pot granted by him was half fill ?
21. Morning, noon, and ____ he went to the wish yielding tree.
22. To fill the eighth pot ____ was the desire of the greedy man.
(b) in a year
23.The seven full ______ was completely forgotten by the greedy man.
24. The ______ desire made the greedy man mad.
25. The greedy man bade,” ______ “to his mother, wife and children ?
(d) good morning
26. Who bade, “goodbye” to his mother, wife and children ?
(b) greedy man
(c) old man
(d) young man
27. The greedy man rose before ______
28. The greedy man worked past _____
29. The greedy man started avoiding, eating, drinking and ____ .
30. The greedy man shirked, ____, drinking and sleep.
31. The greedy man wrecked his _____ .
32. The greedy man sold his ______ to fill the eighth pitcher.
33. He tried all _____ to gather gold.
34. The greedy man would clutch each coin by hook or _______
35. The greedy man tried harder and harder, but finally he _____ .
36. Greed is endless, but _____ is not.
37. Nothing is wrong with half filled ______ .
38. Nothing is wrong with half filled purse; ‘Tis the void in the heart that is _____
39. Nothing is wrong with half filled purse; ‘Tis the void in the _____ that is curse.
40. Which of the following word means, “edge or lip of a vessel”.
41. There was a …………….. which had the power to grant wishes.
42. What made him mad ?
(a) His tendency of getting more and more
(b) Sudden shock
(c) Heart attack
43. Greed is ………… but life is not.
14. The poem ‘The Empty Heart’ highlights a great human ………