1. “Ode on Solitude” is written by ______
(a) Alexander Pope
(c) Rupert Brooke
(d) Walter de la Mare
2. Alexander Pope does not want anything to mark the place where he is _____
3. Alexander Pope was one of the greatest satirists of the early _____ century.
4. Ode is a poem addressed to a _____ or an _____ .
(a) pronoun, noun
(b) place, book
(c) cricketer, bird
(d) person, object
5. What does the Poest Wish ?
(a) His hours, days and year’s pass away softly
(b) To live with comfort
(c) To spend luxurious life
(d) None of these
6. The Greek word ‘ode’ meant a choric song acccompanied by ______
7. In the poem, “Ode on Solitude”, the poet draws a beautiful picture of a _____ man.
8. Where does a happy man live ?
(a) in his native land
(b) in Switzerland
9. Who(m) does the pronoun ‘his’ in the third line of the first stanza of this poem refer to ?
(a) Sad man
(b) Happy man
(d) Virat Kohli
10. The happy man is content to breathe his
(a) carbon dioxide
(c) city air
(d) native air
11. Happy man has a few ____ acres bound
12. Happy man is content to breathe his native air in his own
13. Who gives him milk ?
(a) Sudha dairy
(b) Amul Dairy
(c) no one
(d) his herd/cattle
14. What gives him bread ?
(c) local shop
(d) his field
15. From where does he get his clothes/attire ?
(a) Raymonds shop
(b) his flocks of sheep
(c) his son
(d) his father
16. What gives him shade ?
(c) asbestos shade
17. Whose in summer yield him shade
(c) asbestos shade
18. Whose trees in _____ yield him shade
(a) rainy season
19. What do trees provide him in summer ?
20. What provides him fire in winter ?
21. What do the trees provide him in winter ?
22. How does the poet want to live ?
(d) celebrity life
23. How does the poet want to live ?
(a) celebrity life
(b) unknown and unseen
(c) famous man
24. How does the poet want to die ?
25. Steal from the world, and not a tell where I lie.
26. Who (m) does me refer to in the last stanza ?
27. What does the poet mean by ‘slide soft away’ in the stanza, “Hours, days and years, slide soft away” ?
(a) pass quickly
(b) pass peacefully
(c) doesn’t pass ‘
(d) he feels bored
28. For a blessed man; “Hours, days and years, slide _______ .
(a) hard away
(b) in a boring way
(c) soft away
(d) very quickly
29. Which of the following is a characteristic of a blessed man ?
(a) health of body
(b) unhealthy body
(c) lot of money
(d) ungrateful life
30. Which of the following is a characteristic of a blessed man ?
(a) a lot of money
(b) celebrity life
(c) being famous
(d) peace of mind
31. Which type of sleep that a blessed man gets at night ?
(a) unsound sleep
(b) sound sleep
(c) restless sleep
(d) ecstatic sleep
32. Fill in the missing word:_____ and ease together mixt, sweet recreation
33. Fill in the missing word:And innocence, which most does please with ______
34. Fill in the missing word: And ____ which most does please with meditation
35. Fill in the missing word: Sound sleep by night; study and ease Together mixt, _______
(a) bitter recreation
(b) sweet taste
(c) sour recreation
(d) sweet recreation
36. What is the meaning of the word solitude
37. Alexander Pope doesn’t want anything to mark the place where he is ______
38. What is meant by ‘herds’
39. A happy man’s wants are satisfied by the property inherited by him from his