1. Who has written the poem, “Martha” ?
(a) Alexander Pope
(b) Walter de la Mare
(c) Marathi Singh
(d) Puran Singh
2. What was the colour of Martha’s eyes ?
3. Martha’s stories have a _____
4. The stories of Martha were full of ______
5. Martha’s stories were about _____ and fairies.
(a) old men
6. Martha used to tell her stories in the _____
(a) hazel glen
7. Martha is a _____
8. Walter de la Mare has written _____
9. Martha used to tell her stories _____
(a) once a week
(c) again and again
(d) once in a blue moon
10. It seemed that the story is told by Martha’s _____
11. Martha would sit with hands clasped round _____
12. What would Martha do in Hazel Glen?
(a) do party
(b) join college
(c) tell stories
(d) sit idle
13. Who stare at ease at Martha ?
(b) listeners of story
14. Martha would sit with _____ clasped round knees.
15. Her stories were tranquil as ______
16. The listeners of Martha’s stories lolled on _____
17. Martha had _____ chin.
18. How do the listeners sit to listen to Martha’s stories ?
(c) elbow lolled
(d) none of the above
19. Half the meaning was conveyed by ______
(a) voice, chin, head
(b) hair, legs
(c) legs, chin, hair
(d) finger, elbow, leg
20. How was the head of Martha ?
(a) small and lovely
(b) big and giant
(c) big and lovely
(d) small and ugly
21. Fairies and gnomes stole out in _____ light
(a) dark black
(b) pale yellow
(c) sky blue
(d) leaf green
22. Martha’s stories were about _____ and fairies.
(a) old men
23. Who stole out Martha’s beauty ?
(a) Jinn and ghosts
(b) fairies and gnomes
(c) ghosts and witches
(d) owl and crow
24. Martha’s beauty gradually faded like a _____
25. Her voice could be heard until _____ and _____ faded away.
(a) forest and church
(b) hazel and winter sun
(c) hut and forest
(d) hazel and summer sun
26. Martha tells her stories _____
(d) long ago
27. The hearts of the listeners were in the _____
28. The lisetners were all _____ and forgot at the end.
(b) by gone
29. Walter de la Mare was a _____ poet.
30. Walter de la Mare create an atmosphere of _____
31. Walter de la Mare was a modern _____
32. Walter de la Mare is unlike _____ who discusses the problems related to the society and industrialisation.
(a) Mahadevi Verma
(c) Ismat Chugtai
(d) T.S. Eliot
33. In the poem of Walter de La Mare, experience is like a _____ like reality
34. The poet knew Martha when he was a
35. Children sit on their elbows ………..
36. Hazel Glen means ______ .
(a) blue river
(b) greenish brown valley
(c) brown mountain
(d) red valley