1. Who is the writer of the poem, “Koel” ?
(a) Mani Singh
(b) Laxi Prasad
(C) Leo Tolstoy
(d) Puran Singh
2.The Koel is called the black _____
3. Which poem has been written by Puran Singh ?
(d) The Empty Heart
4. The koel sings in the
5. The song of cuckoo brings a memories.
6. The song of sa thousand memories.
(b) Md. Rafi
7. The poet becomes to hear the voice of the cuckoo.
8. “Thy wings” means ____
(a) my wings
(b) your wings
(c) her wings
(d) my legs
9. What do “thy” and “art” stand for ?
(a) thigh, painting
(b) your, painting
(C) your, are
(d) legs, are
10. How does the koel feel ?
11. Which flower is on fire which winds and waters catch ?
12. The shades of which tree burns when the koel sings ?
13. The little bird has been called rain of _____ as it kindles fire in the surroundings.
14. What happens with the shades of mangoes?
15. “O little Bird!” The ‘B’ in ‘Bird’ capital due to the use of which literary device ?
16. The poet describes the effect of Koel’s
17.The koel has lost her ______ . That’s why she is restless.
18. The sight of ______ fires the koel more .
(d) dead child
19. The greener ______ burns the heart of the koel brighter.
20. What does the flaming soul of the koel ask about?
21. The koel is ______. (This is the reason its spark shedding notes are kindling fire.)
22. The spark shedding notes of Koel kindle ______
23. The koel is fresh, yet ______
(c) in cage
24. The roses are on fire which ______ and waters catch!
(a) bamboo tree
25. The roses are on fire which wind and _____ catch!
26. The _____ of mango burns when the koel sings.
27. Koel! what fell? What singed thy wings? (fill in an appropriate word)
28. What is “Koel”?
29. The greener the garden, the brighter burns my _____ .(Fill in the correct word)
30. The koel is seeking answer from the still _____ .
31. The Koel is full of dissatisfaction because its _____ is not with her.
32. What is the quality of the strains (melody) of the Koel ?
(a) low pitched
(b) low amplitude
(c) very noisy
(d) high pitched
33. The fire of _____ charred the cuckoo’s wings.
34. The poet calls the Koel
(a) black cuckoo
(b) lack bird
(c) O Little Bird
35. The high pitched strains of the Koel wakes in the poet’s soul a thousand ……..